PDA

View Full Version : FYI Reburn price increase.

L8 APEX
10-27-2002, 10:58 PM
I did not know this ahead and it bit me so I figured I would tell you guys what to expect. JDM has raised his reburn fee by 25 bucks. So it is now 125 bucks to get a Superchip reburned. Thanks and let me know how I can help in the future:tu:

DWSmooth
10-29-2002, 02:20 PM
Terry,

You coming to Speedworks on Saturday morning for the dyno day? I need to get my chip reburned (maybe).

David

L8 APEX
10-29-2002, 05:43 PM
I am knee deep in installs, may have to get it another way.

wesman
10-30-2002, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by L8 APEX
I did not know this ahead and it bit me so I figured I would tell you guys what to expect. JDM has raised his reburn fee by 25 bucks. So it is now 125 bucks to get a Superchip reburned. Thanks and let me know how I can help in the future:tu:

Yeah...I got burnt as well. I sent it in while JDM was here for FFW in Ennis. I spoke to someone there and was told $75...well I got my CC statement and they charged me $136 with shipping. I called back and they made it right, but they need to communicate a little better(their webpage still said $75 at the time I called and inquired about the overcharging)

I think that $125 is a little excessive for a chip burn myself....heck i think it should be like a $25 charge....it takes basically no time at all to flash new code onto a chip....I guess it just gets overwhelming when doing other things.

--wes

L8 APEX
10-30-2002, 08:39 PM
Just part of the machine that is JDM Engineering:rolleyes: HE caem down on price to compete with PSP doing them for free, and I think JLP did them for 25 or 50. I may start using PSP's again to save on reburns fees on customers. I had to go to JDM since Sal did not get 02 chips until a few months ago..

wesman
10-30-2002, 09:06 PM
Yeah...I actually spoke to Jim and we discussed it for a little bit and I voiced my concern that a chip reburn is $125....hell a new chip with single program isn't much more expensive than that. He said the reason they are upping the price is to discourage the guys that keep sending their chips in for a reburn because they want their shift point raised 50rpms, want to lower their idle 100 rpms etc. He said that they get so many of them they don't have time to do much else....of course my retort to that was if there are so many that are getting reburned then it would make sense to hire someone to do that full time.....the money coming in would more than pay for the employees salary and then a substantial amount more....I mean a tech with those skills would make what? $10-12 an hour? He can burn several chips in an hour....say he did 10 a day....that's $750 at the $75 a burn charge....he would make what $80-$100 a day depending on how many hours he works.

There's a lot of money to be made in this business....it just doesn't have to be made every sale and off everyone :hammer:

--wes

Red2002
10-30-2002, 09:09 PM
Well put Wes!

Badcarma
11-11-2002, 10:09 PM
So Terry if we bought these chips through you...that JDM programed.....we don't get the 2 free reburns??....And your pretty bright on these things, why don't you get some investers to help with the overhead on chip burning :confused:

..........Scott

L8 APEX
11-11-2002, 10:54 PM
$20K dollar buy-in for Superchips is what I hear:( You get two free re-burns if you buy upgrades that require a change "directly from JDM" is his latest definition of free. JDM has some great experience with tuning these trucks. I'd rather he be liable for the tune;)

blueoval01
11-12-2002, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by L8 APEX
$20K dollar buy-in for Superchips is what I hear:( ......

I wouldn't mind seeing a Business Plan on that ......:D

Crawford
11-12-2002, 04:42 PM
I think Autologic software is cheaper and I believe it would be just as effective as Superchips plus you can run a 4 way chip which would be nice!

As far as optimizing Jim's operation, I think the burning and configuration of those chips is Jims closely guarded secret. I dont think he will let anyone else touch that laptop :)

L8 APEX
11-12-2002, 05:15 PM
I have talked to Mike who owns Autologic. He used to work with or is buddies with Dallas Mustang and won't let anyone else in the area have it:rolleyes:

Crawford
11-12-2002, 05:36 PM
Maybe an agreement could be signed that states no burning of chips for mustangs. That DMP thing is just silly, why wouldnt you want to sell you product... pfftt especially over Dallas Mustang those a$$holes are friggin crooks!!!!

Silver_2000
11-12-2002, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by Crawford
Maybe an agreement could be signed that states no burning of chips for mustangs. That DMP thing is just silly, why wouldnt you want to sell you product... pfftt especially over Dallas Mustang those a$$holes are friggin crooks!!!!

That and they dont know who to say, drive, work on or market to Lightnings..

Doug