PDA

View Full Version : 2001 Lightning For Sale

BAMBAML19
10-27-2002, 05:20 PM
i am selling a lightning , if you are interested in it i can email you the web site it is on so that you can view pics of her. here are the basics. she is a 2001, black, lightning, 13,000 miles, garage kept, she has billet grills, top and bottom, a so-cal lowering kit, made specifically for lightnings, a hard tonnue cover, several engine mods, making her an easy 12 second truck, internally she has several gauges mounted on the pillar, they are a 5 1/2 inch tach with shift light, boost gauge and air fuel gauge, all phantom series white faced which match the factory lightning gauge cluster, billet a/c and heater control knobs, and a 6.5 inch fold out alpine tv, with 12 disc cd changer. if you have any further quesions or are interested please feel free to email me.

wesman
10-28-2002, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by BAMBAML19
i am selling a lightning , if you are interested in it i can email you the web site it is on so that you can view pics of her. here are the basics. she is a 2001, black, lightning, 13,000 miles, garage kept, she has billet grills, top and bottom, a so-cal lowering kit, made specifically for lightnings, a hard tonnue cover, several engine mods, making her an easy 12 second truck, internally she has several gauges mounted on the pillar, they are a 5 1/2 inch tach with shift light, boost gauge and air fuel gauge, all phantom series white faced which match the factory lightning gauge cluster, billet a/c and heater control knobs, and a 6.5 inch fold out alpine tv, with 12 disc cd changer. if you have any further quesions or are interested please feel free to email me.

Just wondering...but why the heck do you need a moster tach w/shift light on an automatic ?

--wes

BAMBAML19
10-28-2002, 05:57 PM
WELL " WES " LEMME POSE A QUESTION TO YOU.....HOW ACCURATE DO YOU THINK THAT AIR/FUEL GAUGE IS THAT YOU ARE USING? TRUST ME. I USE MY TACH, I LIKE TO SET MY TRUCK AT THE LIMITS THAT I WANT TO DRIVE HER AND NOT GO OVER THAT, THAT TACH LETS ME KEEP MY EYES ON THE ROAD. YOU MIGHT ALSO WANT TO CALL PAULS PERFORMANCE AND ASK THEM WHY THEY SELL A MODULE FOR THE LIGHTNING SO THAT THE TACH WORKS, I MUST NOT BE THE ONLY ONE USING ONE. I GUESS I COULD ALSO ASK YOU WHY YOU HAVE A BILLET GAS CAP THAT NOONE SEES, OR A HEAVY SOUND SYSTEM IN A TRUCK BUILT FOR SPEED???? I GUESS IT ALL COMES DOWN TO PERSONAL PREFERENCE DOESNT IT??? THANKS FOR YOU COMMENT THOUGH.

jmlay
10-28-2002, 06:05 PM
SMACK!!!

wesman
10-28-2002, 06:16 PM
WELL " WES " LEMME POSE A QUESTION TO YOU.....HOW ACCURATE DO YOU THINK THAT AIR/FUEL GAUGE IS THAT YOU ARE USING? TRUST ME. I USE MY TACH, I LIKE TO SET MY TRUCK AT THE LIMITS THAT I WANT TO DRIVE HER AND NOT GO OVER THAT, THAT TACH LETS ME KEEP MY EYES ON THE ROAD. YOU MIGHT ALSO WANT TO CALL PAULS PERFORMANCE AND ASK THEM WHY THEY SELL A MODULE FOR THE LIGHTNING SO THAT THE TACH WORKS, I MUST NOT BE THE ONLY ONE USING ONE. I GUESS I COULD ALSO ASK YOU WHY YOU HAVE A BILLET GAS CAP THAT NOONE SEES, OR A HEAVY SOUND SYSTEM IN A TRUCK BUILT FOR SPEED???? I GUESS IT ALL COMES DOWN TO PERSONAL PREFERENCE DOESNT IT??? THANKS FOR YOU COMMENT THOUGH.

Do you have to YELL? Caps lock is your friend!!!

Now to the point...the AF gauge I use is a guestimate and I know that,however it is serving a purpose and is functional. I can't see what the function of a monster tach with shift light in an automatic is. The truck shifts itself....who cares if you have a giant light flashing in your face telling you that it's about to do it. I agree that there are several people with them out there....that's why I posed my question.

As far as the system...the truck is more than fast....it looks good and sounds good too. I want my vehicle to have more than one function, if all I cared about was fast I can assure you that I wouldn't have an L, for one it isn't even fast....it's fairly quick, but not fast at all.

I don't have a billit gas cap, it's a chrome fuel DOOR ...if people can't see it then they have issues :tu:

Good luck selling your truck :beer:

--wes

wesman
10-28-2002, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by jmlay
SMACK!!!

Do you have a gay a$$ tach too ??

--wes

Sixpipes
10-28-2002, 06:30 PM
Daylight Savings Time makes me grumpy too. http://anti-rice.com/phpBB/images/smiles/deadly.gif

andy_cain
10-28-2002, 08:56 PM
Just when I was all but convinced that ALL "L" owners were cool, someone brings reality right back.
Sad but true...always at least one in the bunch.
:vomit:
Gotta love that sales approach though:banana:

98Cobra
10-29-2002, 01:11 AM
WELL " WES " LEMME POSE A QUESTION TO YOU.....HOW ACCURATE DO YOU THINK THAT AIR/FUEL GAUGE IS THAT YOU ARE USING? TRUST ME. I USE MY TACH......

Extraneous BS snipped....

Gee, thanks for stopping by! Congrats on making an ass outta yourself so quickly. :rolleyes:

Crawford
10-29-2002, 01:15 AM
Hey there "WES" how accurate do you think that climate control is on you AC unit? You know its hot on one side and cold on the other but you really dont know do you? You should just get rid of it because if its not accurate to a tenth of a degree it just shouldnt be had. LOL :d

Silver_2000
10-29-2002, 01:18 AM
I know where my chip shifts my truck and I know my tranny can handle the abuse - I only use the "P","R"and "D" positions... the level 10 tranny and the chip do a MUCH better job than I could of ever shifting ...
The Big ass tachs on an auto like ours seems like a waste to me.. But some folks put Neon and spoilers and **** on thier lightnings too... :)
Doug