PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning the truck

L8 APEX
04-15-2006, 11:25 PM
After a day of working at the shop I somehow found energy to detail on the truck. This will be only the second time I have polished it in 36K or 1yr. Which is about on par with my goal of once every 6 months. I also conditioned the leather surfaces again which is prolly the 4-5th time. I roiginally planned on doing the leather once a month but it seems about 2.5 months is as good as I can do. Once again the TropiCare TC3 auto polish does a great job. The best part is how it comes off so easily. Their leather care is good but I hear the Zaino liquid leather smells better longer. I made a point to polish the roof and hood to protect against droppings and environemental abuse (sun, water spots, etc.) I almost wanted to remove the FX4 stickers since they hold a wax ring around the edges. But I paid for them so they may stay a while longer. I took the front of the stock airbox off to see if there is an increase in performance or economy.

Moonshine
04-16-2006, 07:08 PM
Did mine a few weeks ago. Looked good for about 3 days, and now it's back to farm truck status.:rolleyes: