PDA

View Full Version : Might sell 01 L - SOLD

keynan
04-03-2006, 10:57 PM
Well guys and gals it's been a fun 3yrs in my L it's come along ways, but due to my recent surgerys bills and debt I have decided that selling the L would be the best idea. I'm not sure on how much I want only because I'm not sure if I'm going to sell as a whole or part it out. the current mods that I have on in it are
Built motor
Built trans
Kooks long tubes
Bassani Midpipes
Bassani Cat-back
AccuFab T/b
8# lower
2.80 upper
Ported/ polished blower
NGK TR-6 Spark Plugs
C & L Trueflow
Auxiliary Idler Kits
2/4 drop
Bedrug
4.10 gears
Cervini's Cowl Hood
Clear corners
60.. injectors
Walbro 255lph Fuel Pumps
Oil sep
Oil breather
Polished intake
Motoblue cold air
Optima red top batt.
SCT Big Air BA2400 MAF
170 Stant Thermostat (i think)
X-cal 2
LFP Phenolic Spacer
Heat Exchanger
E-fan
2400 Torque Converter
Ftvb
Metco Driveshaft Loop
NAPA Caster/Camber Bolts
Gauge Pillar
Autometer Boost Gauge
Autometer Trans temp Gauge
Billet Pedals
Lightning Floor Mats
Nitto 555 Drag Radials
Snugld Toneau cover
4x4 trans pan
Tinted Windows-0%
I have extra wheels and slicks,along with extra stock parts if needed.
The truck is a 2001 with a little under 38,000 miles the trans and motor are only a few months old. The truck runs like a bat out of hell. feel free to send me a message or call me @ 682-433-1363 on serious inquirers only. I was thinking around 24,000

L8 APEX
04-03-2006, 11:07 PM
I would put it on eBay as try that. If not maybe part it out and trade it off or sell it that way. The only issue there is labor on swapping drivetrain is cost prohibitive. When I sold my truck CarMax gave me 21,500 stock, and I sold all the parts for another 15-20K. It seems now 01's are still bringing 20K private? I would try NLOC for as is sale there are a lot of shoppers over there. It could drag out if you chose to part it out.

gbgary
04-03-2006, 11:09 PM
what the??? well, good luck to you sir. thanks for your help a while back. don't be a stranger.

keynan
04-04-2006, 02:04 AM
Yeah jeff was telling me to go the 1st, he said that would be my best place to go as far as a dealership.

keynan
04-04-2006, 06:07 PM
Here are some pics for everyone I will get some pics of the inside and everything else.

BC Lightning
04-04-2006, 08:28 PM
I would put it on eBay as try that. If not maybe part it out and trade it off or sell it that way. The only issue there is labor on swapping drivetrain is cost prohibitive. When I sold my truck CarMax gave me 21,500 stock, and I sold all the parts for another 15-20K. It seems now 01's are still bringing 20K private? I would try NLOC for as is sale there are a lot of shoppers over there. It could drag out if you chose to part it out.

I just saw an 03 DSG L at a shop in Irving with 28,000 miles, the guy wants $21,500 OBO :eek2:

I say your best bet is to de-mod and sell everything, CarMax and others will go by Kelley Blue Book and give you nothing for the extra mods, thats what I have learned from selling cars/trucks with any kind of extras

keynan
04-04-2006, 08:31 PM
Yeah that's what jeff and me talked about today. I'm hoping that I could get 18000 bone stock and make the other 6k up in mods.

L8 APEX
04-04-2006, 11:29 PM
I would try NLOC, if someone won't pay 24K for a fresh built low mile Lightning I would burn it and turn in the receipts.:evil

PoorSvtman
04-05-2006, 03:58 PM
well if you part it out im interested in some of the stuff.. either way best of luck to you

Tatom Mack
04-10-2006, 12:48 PM
i want the bed cover

Beaudee
04-10-2006, 01:20 PM
Gawd,don't sell it!Find a different way to make ends meet!!That is one sweet ride with all the good stuff.I would like to just take her for a spin.:eek:

keynan
04-18-2006, 01:56 AM
I sold the truck :( :hammer:

Beaudee
04-18-2006, 08:47 AM
You will regret that:eek: You gotta do what you gotta do.If i had the extra cash i would have bought it.

keynan
04-18-2006, 10:54 AM
Yeah I already do! I just watched it drive away

Lyfisin
04-18-2006, 11:37 AM

:(

dboat
04-18-2006, 03:56 PM
Did you hook him up with Talon?

Hey, I gotta try to make some lemonade out of lemons here...

Dana

keynan
04-18-2006, 10:58 PM
Yeah I told him about it and all the great people on here knana

dboat
04-19-2006, 06:49 PM
Yeah I told him about it and all the great people on here knana

:tu:

Silver_2000
04-21-2006, 08:25 AM

BAN HIM !!!! :evil:evil:evil:evil

Just kidding - sorry to hear you had to sell

keynan
04-21-2006, 09:56 AM
It's ok, I get to see it everyday because I work with him, and I don't have so much debt or monthly bills :d

FRDRCING
05-06-2006, 09:30 PM
It's ok, I get to see it everyday because I work with him, and I don't have so much debt or monthly bills :d

Keynan you are lucky you get to see yours everyday. The New owner of my truck lives over in Plano and is heading to Indiana for school next year. He came and picked it up this afternoon.

PoorSvtman
05-07-2006, 02:00 AM
Keynan you are lucky you get to see yours everyday. The New owner of my truck lives over in Plano and is heading to Indiana for school next year. He came and picked it up this afternoon.

i wouldnt want to see someone else drive my truck/car that i poured money into and see them abuse it or just see it..

My old civic that i poured tons of money into testing different suspension setups for myself and local shops so people could save money and get the right stuff the first time. Also was the first to do the jdm 'look' (Japanese domestic market, make the car look like it was realy from over seas).. Well the sucker is still running around arlington, i see it from time to time. Kid has managed to burn every wire in the car, trash the motor and let the beautiful black paint with blue pearl go to he!!... it eats me up inside..:throw:

BC Lightning
05-07-2006, 03:09 PM
i wouldnt want to see someone else drive my truck/car that i poured money into and see them abuse it or just see it..

My old civic that i poured tons of money into testing different suspension setups for myself and local shops so people could save money and get the right stuff the first time. Also was the first to do the jdm 'look' (Japanese domestic market, make the car look like it was realy from over seas).. Well the sucker is still running around arlington, i see it from time to time. Kid has managed to burn every wire in the car, trash the motor and let the beautiful black paint with blue pearl go to he!!... it eats me up inside..:throw:

+1

I couldnt stand to see somebody else driving it :flaming: