PDA

View Full Version : Funny C5 Encounter on my way home

L8 APEX
04-15-2002, 12:10 AM
I was rolling home from the shop in cruise control on 85, yeah going slow for once. I passed a guy in a C5 that wanted to play. We ran them up when space would allow. He came up beside me later and said " You pulled me to 100 then I could take you over that" I said "not bad for a pick up eh?". He was cool. I was hitting my spoiler drag limited at 140+ and everyone knows a vette will top 160+ with ease. Plus it was 76 degrees and the L don't like warm air. I hate when I am racing a car and they stay behind me it is like drafting behind a semi with the spoiler and they pull right up to me:rolleyes: This is a pretty standard account of car vs. truck aerodynamics are very important. When I drive our development C5 I take note how in 6th gear at 100mph you lift off the throttle and the car does not slow due to drag noticably at all. You have to use the brakes to get it to slow down even at speeds where you think the air would do it for you.:tu:

Jojolite
04-15-2002, 06:49 PM
I've had several vettes come up but they all want to stay a car length back!I wanted to know how the L will do beside one! I thought I saw a post somewhere that showed what we could beat and what we can't,from a stock point point of view. The only thing that has come close is an 01 Cobra.If he could get down into second,he was good for a half a truck jump, which was made up,otherwise the L was steadily pulling away:D :burnout:

L8 APEX
04-15-2002, 07:14 PM
My main worry is they can't see around me from behind and my huge Brembo's will stuff them under my truck:d I din't want any flaming post here about what out ran what BS. Cars are quick top end especially because of the wind drag. I ran a vette bottom end and it was even to third gear. I lost ground during the 1-2 drop shift of the stock programming. Once I got my chip I had him more here and there. That was a 99 Never top end over 100 hell no. These things are red light warriors. But I am doing my best to run upstairs too!:tu: