PDA

View Full Version : This ride is over... for now...

OneRedTXBolt
10-23-2002, 09:05 PM
Well fellas,

It was a great ride while it lasted. Today I accepted an offer from Sungard Disaster Recovery Solutions for a full time position. The catch: It's in Philadelphia, PA. :(

I start Nov. 25 and plan to be all packed and moved by Nov 20 at the latest.

So, as much as I love Texas, I have a great opportunity career wise that I am going to take advantage of.

It's been great running with you all these past couple of years, and I will miss you. I've had a lot of great times.

The flip side of this is that my good buddies will always have somewhere to stay when you come to Philly, right? :d

There is some travel involved and although I'm not sure how often I'll be able to come to Dallas, when I'm here I hope I can meet up with you guys and have a few :beer:

Although I'm really excited about my new job, I am sad to be leaving the Dallas area. I really like it here. I'm sure I'll keep up with you guys via this site and email.

Until next time...
James

P.S. I do hope to be able to move back to Texas someday. So, if you don't mind, I'll be keeping my membership in TALON (and my window sticker left on) active. :D

P.P.S. Justin, be sure to look me up when you finally tow your truck up that way.

L8 APEX
10-23-2002, 09:23 PM
Don't think I'll be in Philly often;) isn't that the city of brotherly love? Buy some A/T's if you plan on driving this winter:( I'll pour out some Hennesy for you J Dog:crying:

Crawford
10-23-2002, 10:00 PM
Dude that sucks in a way. Having a job is a necessity no doubt about it. At least you will be near you favorite NFL team. Going to miss you too you nutty bastard! When are you actually leaving town? You going to make the dyno, meeting, or race events? I hope you hang on to your L!!

OneRedTXBolt
10-23-2002, 10:21 PM
One of the reasons I'm leaving is so I can more easily keep the L. I'd sell everything I had (or it'd be better to say - had left - after that bi**h took 1/2! :flaming: :D ) before I got rid of the L.

I'm gonna try to make as many meets as possible. Unfortunately, I have lots to do before I go. Moving cross country (for the 4th time!!!) sucks. Especially when you haveta pay for it yourself!

I'd love to try and hit Bonedaddy's one more time before I left with you guys if anyone was up to it.

I'm prolly gonna actually leave somewhere around the 19-22. Pushing towards the 19th.

And, yes, Philly is the city of Brotherly Love. And I'm gonna try to get a cheap 4x4 to drive around in the snow. I don't think the L is really gonna do the job. I was happy to find out my insurance is only gonna go up about $800. I thought it was gonna go up around 2800-3800 bucks!

wesman
10-23-2002, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by L8 APEX
I'll pour out some Hennesy for you J Dog:crying:

lol...and sing "Get out the way" while rolling down the freeway ?

--wes

Sixpipes
10-23-2002, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by Crawford
Going to miss you too you nutty bastard!!!
Hate to see you go James, but as you can tell by Crawford's comments, you have left your mark. :burnout: Bonedaddy's before you leave for sure. :cool:

MadMax
10-23-2002, 10:30 PM
You do what you have to do. Good Luck! :D

Silver_2000
10-23-2002, 11:28 PM
We'll miss ya
Sorry to see you go - You know where to find us on the web.
Keep in touch
Lets organize a Bonedaddys going away party for James.
Whos gonna pick a Day -

Doug

Tony2000
10-23-2002, 11:30 PM
Good luck man we should get together and hit Bonnedaddy's
let's do a good bye party:banana:

L8 APEX
10-24-2002, 12:07 AM
Since he is the main at traction I will let him iron out the date:tu: Location is Bonedaddy's in Richardson @ I-75 & Spring Valley.

Red2002
10-24-2002, 12:19 AM
I'll be there to wish James goodbye and good luck with his future endeavors. Just name the time...

tliss
10-24-2002, 07:21 AM
It really sucks that you've got to go, but I'm glad you have got that opportunity available to you. You know where to find us anytime and I'm definitely at BoneDaddy's:banana:! Come on by the house this Saturday to drink beer and laugh at me while I work on my plugs!

Tom

OneRedTXBolt
10-24-2002, 08:00 AM
Hey, thanks guys! You guys are da best! Bonedaddy's here we come!!! :banana:

How about next Friday, Nov 1? 6pm? Is that cool with everyone? :beer:

Thanks for all the good wishes.

tliss
10-24-2002, 08:27 AM
It's on the calendar!:tu:

We're going to miss you you big oaf:crying:! I'll see if I can get Vickie to come out here before you go :twitch:!

Tom

L8 APEX
10-24-2002, 09:04 AM
I think Sixpipes and I will be headed to Heartland Park for some Cobra pimp slapping:tu:

Mark #2
10-24-2002, 09:26 AM
James,
Sorry to see you go. I went to school in Philly and travel to Baltimore regularly. I'll let you know of any garage events before you leave if you want to come by for a beer or two.

See you next Friday.
Mark

OneRedTXBolt
10-24-2002, 10:02 AM
Mark,

I would love to come by the garage one more time for a beer or two. I love that garage man! And the company is always good as well... :D

I'd forgotten you went to school in Philly. Maybe I could meet you in Baltimore some time if you are ever there over the weekend? If memory serves correct, that's about a 2 hour drive or so from Philly, so that'd be a little tough during the week.

James

BTW, that stinks that you guys are going to KS next week. I hesitate to make it any later than that, because if this move is like any of the others, I'm gonna be pushin' my deadline to get outta town. I wish you guys coulda made it. :(

L8 APEX
10-24-2002, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by wesman
lol...and sing "Get out the way" while rolling down the freeway ?

--wes
Nah, that requires some 2Pac "Heaven for a G"?:D

Lyfisin
10-25-2002, 08:32 AM
Well, I'm a little jealous.

I miss really good steak & cheese sandwiches and where else better to get them then where they were invented. Safe travels up there.

Oh, and BTW, Happy Birthday today?

Lyfisin

tliss
10-25-2002, 10:12 AM
That's right...it is James' birthday! Hope you have a good one!! Don't do too much :beer::vomit:!

Tom

OneRedTXBolt
10-25-2002, 04:01 PM
Thanks for the good wishes & the birthday wishes! I will try not to drink too much :D I hit the big 35 today!

The closest thing I've found to a philly cheese steak in TX is Fred's Philly Cheesesteaks. Yum! Almost as good as the real deal.

Later!

J.D. Blackwell
10-25-2002, 04:11 PM
Man James, can't believe your leaving. Everything has its reasons though. If Ruslow doesn't carry my truck to Jim's for me, I will be heading up there soon. I will find you on the L boards if I do.
Make sure you keep us updating what is happening on the Talon boards.

Good luck with your career,
Justin

P.S. Happy Birthday

OneRedTXBolt
10-25-2002, 08:54 PM
J.D.,

I know it's a haul, but if you can make it to Bonedaddy's next Friday, please come on up. If you need a spot to rest, you can always bring a sleeping bag and stay at my house (sorry, no extra bed or even a damn sofa! Don't get me started :rolleyes: )

We will hook up at some point.

Thanks for the good wishes.
James

Crawford
10-26-2002, 12:01 PM
James,
I will be there on Friday man!

Moonshine
10-28-2002, 10:10 AM
James, best of luck to you, and we'll miss you.

I can't make Bdaddy's this Fri, but feel free to drink one on my behalf. :tu:

J.D. Blackwell
10-28-2002, 03:16 PM
I will try to make it. Friday is just a busy day for me. I might be able to make it if I can find a fast car to drive.

Mark #2
10-31-2002, 04:47 PM
James,
Any thoughts on changing to Wizards? Darts, pool, eye-candy too.
Just a suggestion for a little more recreation on a Friday night.
Mark

Crawford
10-31-2002, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by HIHOAG
James,
Any thoughts on changing to Wizards? Darts, pool, eye-candy too.
Just a suggestion for a little more recreation on a Friday night.
Mark

Maybe we could head over there after we eat at Bonedaddy's?

OneRedTXBolt
10-31-2002, 05:38 PM
Crawford,

Did you turn on your ESPN again? That's what I was thinking and you beat me to it.

How's that work? Great idea(s)!!!

James

Mark #2
11-01-2002, 12:05 PM
Anyone bringing a SO to Bonedaddy's? Anyone planning on Wizards?
Mark

Crawford
11-01-2002, 12:11 PM
Mark,
I am bringing my SO. Not sure about Wizards though, we are supposed to go see a movie later tonight and take it easy... save some cash!

99WhiteBeast
11-01-2002, 12:14 PM
James,
Best of luck to you and your new gig.

It was cool to get to know you at FFW. I'll try to make Bonedaddy's for the send off. I'm trying to secure a new project that I know you would approve of- 85.5 SVO

Are you still keeping your website up?

And for you Philly steak lovers check out TexaDelphia - mmmm good stuff and several locations around the metromess.

Later,
Steve

OneRedTXBolt
11-02-2002, 12:44 PM
Hey Steve!

Too bad you missed last night! It was fun... Thanks to all that showed. I appreciate the sendoff!

So what's the deal on the 85.5 SVO?! You're right... I approve. :d
Nice! One of the rarest Mustangs out there! I can put you in touch with the TXSVO's. The president is really cool. Nice club that is spread throughout the state.

Yes, I'm gonna keep my site up and I'm looking at changing the gallery. The registry is not far from being done, but now I need to concentrate on packing and painting.

Are you gonna make the Thursday meet?