PDA

View Full Version : Warranty service sucks

L8 APEX
03-22-2006, 01:57 AM
I have yet to find a competent dealer for any kind of service. I went in for a simple list of warranty work and they screwed up every bit. It started when I called last week with a parts list for them to gather so it would not be delayed due to parts. They tell me they can't order a part until they have the truck, stupid but okay. So I drop the truck off and they replace two of the emblems but one is backordered for a week or so. They say jsut come back later sir, that is what I was trying to avoid. Also on the rear emblem it looks like some kid removed it in a parking lot. The clear coat is scratched in a dozen places from a scraping tool. Then I told them to level the bed with the cab. They say they cannot shim the bed for load reasons, BS what does a body lift do? The next problem is a loud buzz around the firewall. The tech flags the aftermarket exhaust system and moves on. A lot easier than finding the problem I must say! Next I try to get them to replace the brake controller and they say mine works fine. I even gave then the SSM on the controller and the updated part number! Now I have to go back and get them to take the scratches out and complete their emblem job. This is a very dissapointing experience, but most of us expect it is what's worse...

Lyfisin
03-22-2006, 07:36 AM
That really stinks. It's why we're glad we have you.

I guess this comes back to what you and I were talking about last Monday when we were discussing how hard it is to get people who care about quality work.

Wht95Lightning
03-22-2006, 07:48 AM
I'm not surprised. I teched at a Ford dealer for 12 years. You just got a small taste. It's really MUCH worse.
:vomit:

gagspa
03-22-2006, 08:59 AM
Yep, we have had a hard time finding a dealer that works for us as well. Finally we settled on Don Davis, but with a condition. One of the tech's is named Sonny. He owns a Gen 1 Lightning, and older Mach I, and a new Mach I. He understands how people feel about thier cars. Now when I go in I tell the service writer to call Sonny to the front. Then I hand the keys to Sonny, tell him that no one else should touch the vehicle, and tell Sonny what is wrong with it. Meanwhile the service writer is frantically scribbling it all down.

Now our problem is that the service writers keep changing. :mad:

03LightningRocks
03-22-2006, 11:59 AM
We send all our company vehicles to Town East for service. They have taken pretty good care of us so far. It probably has to do with the relationship we have built with one particular service writer over there. I have been dealing with him for around 4 years now.

Terry....did they replace the controller after you showed them the recall?

Mine is acting up real bad now. I have to get it fixed pretty soon.

L8 APEX
03-22-2006, 12:23 PM
Nope, they printed their lies in black and white on the service report. They said no trailer brakes under 20mph is normal. I printed the workshop manual saying builds before 3/23/05 apply 3 volts under 20 and build dates after 3/23/05 apply 12 volts under 20mph. I went up there today and they stammered and dismissed it again. I think I will just do everything myself. They and anyone else will continue to screw me over. Your controller is an actual failure mine works it is just the old operating system.

Ohmsby
03-22-2006, 12:36 PM
I am not suprised Terry I am continually disappointed in the response I get from the dealership when it comes to warranty issues. Then once they agree to fix an issue odds are the repair is not done with the care that it should be.

As you know when my 1 ton dumped a fuel pump last week I had to act like a three year old to get them to fix the issue and they sited the aftermarket parts as reason for denial. If you are not aware of it the magnusson moss warranty act is a good place to start with these denials from the dealership.

I am new to the Lightning crowd and look forward to having a good time with my new toy. I was fortunate enough to hear about Terry and he has already shown my truck the attention to detail he is so well known for. Thanks again Terry for the upgrades and we will see you soon for the KB :d