PDA

View Full Version : 1/64 Diecast Ford Lightnings

FATLOUIE
10-23-2002, 03:15 PM
HI ALL ,
MY NAME IS LOUIE AND IM NEW TO THIS BOARD SEEMS LIKE A PRETTY FUN PLACE TO VISIT TO FIND OUT ABOUT ALOT OF INFORMATION NEW AND OLD.IVE BEEN CHECKING OUT THIS WEBSITE FOR ABOUT A MONTH OR SO NOW AND IT SEEMS LIKE EVERYONE HERE IS 1 BIG HAPPY FAMILY!I DID RECENTLY MEET A PERSON BY THE NAME OF SCOTT SIMPSON (I THINK THAT WAS HIS LAST NAME UP FROM PLANO) TALON CLUB MEMBER AND HE IS THE ONE WHO TOLD ME TO CHECK OUT THIS WEBSITE .HE ALSO MENTIONED TO ME ABOUT MEETINGS AND GET TOGETHERS FOR THE TALON CLUB.I HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO GET TO THOSE MEETING DUE TO A RECENT BACK SURGERY THAT I HAVE HAD.FOR THOSE OF YOU THAT KNOW HIM YOU KNOW HE RECENTLY PURCHASED SOME FORD LIGHTNING DIECAST IN THE 1/64 SCALE FROM ME.I WILL BE OUT AT THE CHUCK'S CRUISE NIGHT THIS WEEKEND IN GRAPEVINE WITH SOME MORE IF ANYBODY WOULD BE INTERESTED IN PURCHASING ANY OF THESE FINE DIECAST TRUCKS. THESE ARE NOT YOUR TYPICAL HOT WHEELS ,THESE ARE HEAVIER IN WEIGHT AND FAR MORE DETAILED THAN ANY OTHER TRUCK ON THE MARKET.I WILL POST A PIC OR 2 SO THAT YOU CAN SEE THE DETAILED TRUCK AND ALSO IF YOU WILL BE WANTING ONE OR TWO BY THIS DAY YOU CAN E-MAIL ME AT WWW.YRANDJLA@AOL.COM SO THAT I AM ABLE TO TAKE ENOUGH OR IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO ORDER THEM DIRECTLY FROM ME, YOU CAN FEEL CONFIDENT OF DOING BUSINESS WITH ME, JUST CHECK OUT MY 500+ FEEDBACKS ON E-BAY UNDER THE SAME E-MAIL ADDRESS.IF YOU ARE NOT CLOSE ENOUGH TO BUY ONE HERE LOCALLY YOU CAN E-MAIL ME AND LET ME KNOW. THE PRICE IS $7.00 PER TRUCK & THERE IS A FLAT S/H FEE OF $5.00, REGARDLESS OF HOW MANY TRUCKS YOU BUY. (FOR EXAMPLE: BUY 1 TRUCK --$7.00 + $5.00 S/H = $12.00 OR BUY 5 TRUCKS $35.00 + $5.00 S/H = $40.00). BELIEVE ME WHEN I TELL YOU THAT YOU WILL NOT BE DISSAPOINTED IN THE DETAIL THAT THIS TRUCK HAS.HOPE TO MEET SOME NEW FRIENDS!!!OH IF YOU'RE WONDERING ME AND THE MRS OWN TWO RED LIGHTNING'S 1 A 1995,AND THE SECOND ONE A '2000 WITH THE PLATES ON THE REAR READING "BLOWNN"
THANKS AND HAVE A SAFE HALLOWEEN
LOUIE:tu: :) :tu: :) :tu: :burnout: :banana:

Sixpipes
10-23-2002, 07:06 PM
Looks pretty cool. Who makes them?

Red2002
10-23-2002, 10:17 PM
I think Scott said he had a red one that he'd 'give' me. Now if that means no charge or he was holding it for me to pay him later, I have yet to figure out.

But I'd be interested in checking them out anyway. Oh, and welcome!

Tony2000
10-23-2002, 10:58 PM
yes I'm intrested in all 4 give me a call at 214-808-1018
oh and welcome to our forum

L8 APEX
10-24-2002, 12:28 AM
What? No silver?:bs

Todd
10-24-2002, 07:57 AM
L8
Looks like you have to paint your truck yellow!

Silver_2000
10-24-2002, 09:13 AM
Fatlouie

I would appreciate it if you would contribute more than just advertising to the forum. If your only interest here is to sell your toys - Ill have to ask you to not consume my bandwidth ...

As it says on the forum this is for TALON Members to sell things NOT for vendors to sell things to TALON members

Thanks

Doug
Webmaster

FATLOUIE
10-24-2002, 01:02 PM
SIXPIPES ,
THESE FINE TRUCKS ARE MADE BY TIGER WHEELS

FAT LOUIE:tu:

FATLOUIE
10-24-2002, 01:15 PM
SILVER 2000,
I DIDNT THINK IT WOULD HURT ANYONE ON THE BOARD SINCE ALL OF US HERE HAVE ALOT IN COMMON,I WAS JUST HOPING TO MAKE SOME NEW FRIENDS IN THIS CLUB,AND I DO KNOW THIS IS FOR TALON CLUB MEMBERS ONLY AND I AM NOT HERE JUST TO SELL MY "TOYS".BUT LIKE I SAID BEFORE I AM UNABLE TO DRIVE ANYWHERE FOR THE TIME BEING.JUST THOUGHT SOME OF YOU WOULD LIKE THESE REPLECAS,I DONT MAKE ANY MONEY OFF OF THESE LIKE I SAID IM HERE TO SHARE AND GET TO MEET NEW PEOPLE THAT HAVE AWHOLE LOT IN COMMON WITH,AND MAY BE GET TO KNOW ME THROUGH THE BOARD FOR TIME BEING.:beer: :burnout:

MadNess
10-24-2002, 02:22 PM
FATLOUIE
SILVER 2000,
I DIDNT THINK IT WOULD HURT ANYONE ON THE BOARD SINCE ALL OF US HERE HAVE ALOT IN COMMON,I WAS JUST HOPING TO MAKE SOME NEW FRIENDS IN THIS CLUB,AND I DO KNOW THIS IS FOR TALON CLUB MEMBERS ONLY AND I AM NOT HERE JUST TO SELL MY "TOYS".BUT LIKE I SAID BEFORE I AM UNABLE TO DRIVE ANYWHERE FOR THE TIME BEING.JUST THOUGHT SOME OF YOU WOULD LIKE THESE REPLECAS,I DONT MAKE ANY MONEY OFF OF THESE LIKE I SAID IM HERE TO SHARE AND GET TO MEET NEW PEOPLE THAT HAVE AWHOLE LOT IN COMMON WITH,AND MAY BE GET TO KNOW ME THROUGH THE BOARD FOR TIME BEING.

http://www.svt-enthusiast.com/albums/album31/capslock.gif

L8 APEX
10-24-2002, 03:07 PM
LOL! Madness:D The only thing worse than someone's first post selling stuff outside the guidlines is doing it in CAPS! All three of LOUIE'S posts are right here to sell his MINI trucks. I don't mind as long as it stops here but the second I see commercial performance parts being moved:flaming: Since I am here anyone want a flaming deal on an Accufab:D Doug is a tolerant and merciful Moderator:twitch:

Red2002
10-24-2002, 03:27 PM
He's a newbie for chrissakes. Can we cut the guy some slack? All caps drives me nuts too, but it's not something that's gonna make me flame him. Maybe a reminder that's more subtle than Madness's suggestion.

I somewhat agree that someone's first post shouldn't be trying to peddle some wares, but does it require bashing the dude? Just my opinion. I'd be willing to kick in another $10 or $15 for the bandwith fund to make a newbie feel more welcome.

FATLOUIE
10-24-2002, 03:35 PM
talon members,
im sorry i forgot to ask if there is any kind of membership fee that i have to pay in order to become a talon member .if there is could you let me know and how to go about this.would love to paticipate in any fundraiser that goes to a worthy cause maybe even come and put my $0.02 in.

thanks
louie:) :banana:

MadNess
10-24-2002, 03:45 PM
Red2002
He's a newbie for chrissakes. Can we cut the guy some slack? All caps drives me nuts too, but it's not something that's gonna make me flame him. Maybe a reminder that's more subtle than Madness's suggestion.

http://www.svt-enthusiast.com/albums/album31/look_at_the_newbie.jpg

Side note, im not a bad guy Louie, just jerking your chain :) This way I bet he posts without caps :) Hello Louie welcome to the Talon forum :)

FATLOUIE
10-24-2002, 03:58 PM
thanks madness,you had me going there for a while by thw way cool pic!.it almost felt like i was being hammered if you know what i mean....:hammer:

Red2002
10-24-2002, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by FATLOUIE
talon members,
im sorry i forgot to ask if there is any kind of membership fee that i have to pay in order to become a talon member

Unfortunately Louie there is a fee. You can send your check for $200 made out to Red2002 in care of TALON. It's a fund that was set up for unemployed college students that helps them with their mods. :D

J/J! No fee required. Just show up at a TALON GTG with your L and you're golden.

Madness here's the one you're looking for. Pretty funny (watch the smileys). heh
http://www.f150online.com/galleries/images/1855-2588-35868.gif

FATLOUIE
10-24-2002, 04:07 PM
hey red 2002,
when would be the next gtg scheduled i read that one of the pappa's off of northwest hwy in dallas.but wasnt certain of date and time?
louie:)

Silver_2000
10-24-2002, 07:45 PM
Louie

I have a little experience moderating boards like this ( I even have a hate forum dedicated to me and the other board I moderate ) and have found that about 95% of the time that when someone uses their first 3 posts to market products and little else that they are here to take from TALON rather than contribute. I never asked you to contribute cash - I simply asked that you do more than hawk the die cast.

I have been in bed all day with either an allergy attack from hell or a cold - I am not in a good mood. Please understand that if I was a member I wouldn't want random vendors circling the TALON site and meetings to sell stuff. I run this site the way I would want to be treated if I were just a member, rather than the administrator god that I am.
:D
Need more Nyquil....

Doug

L8 APEX
10-24-2002, 07:56 PM
You're a big boy Doug leave the NyQuil for the women and children and so striaght for the Crown and honeys. It cures what ails you!:tu:

Tony2000
10-24-2002, 09:09 PM
haha
:banana: No silver, No silver :banana
say the truth now is this all because of the three colors
WHITE, RED, YELLOW, sorry,
I have a can of primer if you need it let me know
:banana: :banana:
just a joke hahahaha:banana:

L8 APEX
10-24-2002, 09:23 PM
Speaking of paint where the heck is my pillar paint? Sticky fingered buggar!:D Go back to de-modding your heap:tongue:

Moonshine
11-05-2002, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by Silver_2000_;)!

I have been in bed all day with either an allergy attack from hell or a cold
Doug

You post from your bed???? Doug, that's kinda' scary.

Louie, TALON meets on the first Thursday of each month 6:00ish at the Pappa's BBQ on NW Hwy. That means our next meeting is day after tomorrow. If you show, and if you have a white one, you might make a sale. :tu:

andy_cain
11-05-2002, 12:18 PM
Just picked this up at Toys R Us for $99.00 it is 1/6 scale and the lights work, 3 speed, pretty cool:beer:

FATLOUIE
11-05-2002, 04:36 PM
moonshine,
i really wish that i could make it but im still confined to the house still not able to drive ,and also will be waiting for wife to take me to the drs. appt. god i was really looking forward on meeting new people with the same interests as i have.i will keep looking on when their will be another gtg ,hopefully soon! oh by the way i have plenty of white ones with only one red one left. really wish i could do this dance...:banana: :twitch: