PDA

View Full Version : No sound

L8 APEX
02-20-2006, 12:57 AM
My 2nd Toshiba I use for programming is not making any sound from the speakers. I don't have a set of phones to plug in here. I have run numerous device manager and trouble shooters. Surely this laptop can't be crapping out as well.. Any ideas? Thanks.

98Cobra
02-20-2006, 02:27 AM
My 2nd Toshiba I use for programming is not making any sound from the speakers. I don't have a set of phones to plug in here. I have run numerous device manager and trouble shooters. Surely this laptop can't be crapping out as well.. Any ideas? Thanks.

Muted, either the Wave Out or Master Volume?

I hate to ask, but...

L-Fever
02-20-2006, 07:32 AM

You might try uninstalling the sound card drivers and re-installing if you haven't already.

Silver_2000
02-20-2006, 07:45 AM
Yep Both previous suggestions are good

What changed ? When is last time they worked ? What was installed since then ?

Another good thing to do is plug in external speakers and test ( Ipod headphones ANYTHING - that will tell you if the speakers are physically bad - which I have never seen on a laptop.

You could also remove the sound devices from device manager ( uninstall as suggested ) and then reboot the see if they come back

Let us know the answers to our variuos questions and we'll
get back to you

L8 APEX
02-20-2006, 10:07 AM
I downloaded the weater desktop from weather,com. It played a thunder sound when it ran for a week. I did a windows restore point to a previous date and still nothing. Not sure about deleting drivers. Guess I can do that in device manager. Not sure where to get them back from either.. There is a whole list of sound drivers under Sound, audio, video and game controllers.
Audio codecs
Legacy audio drivers
Lagacy video capture devices
Media control devices
SigmaTel C-Major Audio
video codecs
The mute is off and volume is up. Let me know which ones to unistall.

Silver_2000
02-20-2006, 11:02 AM
I downloaded the weater desktop from weather,com. It played a thunder sound when it ran for a week. I did a windows restore point to a previous date and still nothing. Not sure about deleting drivers. Guess I can do that in device manager. Not sure where to get them back from either.. There is a whole list of sound drivers under Sound, audio, video and game controllers.
Audio codecs
Legacy audio drivers
Lagacy video capture devices
Media control devices
SigmaTel C-Major Audio
video codecs
The mute is off and volume is up. Let me know which ones to unistall.

Remove this one SigmaTel C-Major Audio
I bet a number of the others will disapear when you remove the one above

Not sure but the Legacy drivers entries may indicate the problem

the driver should auto reinstall on reboot if not go to toshibas site and Dload the drivers

http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/tais/su/su_sc_modSel.jsp?BV_SessionID=@@@@1772008075.11404 51312@@@@&BV_EngineID=cccjaddhdfhiedmcgfkceghdgngdgmm.0