PDA

View Full Version : G1 exhaust

Wht95Lightning
10-21-2002, 05:48 AM
My 95 has mostly the stock exhaust except for 2 chamber flowmaster mufflers. I like the sound but I want to clean it up a little.

I'm interested in a catback system but I want it to exit in front of the rear wheel instead of behind it. It's got to look super clean, perform well and have a good sound.

Recommendations?

Performance is more important to me than price.

Thanks

L8 APEX
10-21-2002, 08:33 AM
I really enjoy building custom setups on the vehicle for an exact fit. I need to look under a Gen 1 for layout on a rear tire exit. I am usually about half the price of Bassani and other cat backs. I use stainless Magnaflows on most jobs:tu:

Wht95Lightning
10-21-2002, 08:52 AM
Is it possible to keep 2 mufflers and exit in front of the rear wheel on a Gen 1?

I'm not real big on the single muffler idea.

L8 APEX
10-21-2002, 09:03 AM
I build both single and dual muffler jobs on Gen2's. The singles are more of a mild tone and have the built in X pipe. The singles are more like race bullets and get a lot louder. I call them the wild system. I need to peek under a G1 and see what kind of room under the frame and dual tanks I have..

Wht95Lightning
10-21-2002, 09:11 AM
OK. At the risk of sounding stupid.... When you say "x-pipe" are you saying the exhaust from each header is combined inside the muffler? Like what I used to call an h-pipe (between pipes before the mufflers).

Am I showing my age here? :D

L8 APEX
10-21-2002, 03:07 PM
Yeah it is an engineered improvement over the H. The X has a lot more volume capacity and is at a better angle for flow:tu:

George G.
10-21-2002, 03:23 PM
Hey wht95, if you don't show up at the next meeting, Terry's more than welcome to look under mine. You'll just have to remind him, cause I'll forget. did you go to the last meeting?

I know there's not a whole lot of options when it comes to duals going out the back. You can cross over at the stock location, or for long tubes, you'll have to cross over at the tailshaft. Or remove the front tank.

Wht95Lightning
10-24-2002, 08:14 PM
I wasn't at the last meeting but I plan to be at the next. Saturday is Dyno day at Speedtek so I'll see how that goes and decide what if anything to do to the exhaust afterwards.

L8 APEX
10-24-2002, 08:19 PM
I think it is possible but need to check. You won't be buying much power mainly noise:tu: