PDA

View Full Version : Interior Removal?

ChronicReign
02-02-2006, 12:49 PM
I am trying to remove the interior, but am running into some snags. I have already taken the passanger seat out, and the black box in the back. I have popped out all the little rivets from the plastic on the back wall, but I can't seem to get it out. Do I just pull now? I really don't want to break anything.

Thanks for your help guys!

L8 APEX
02-02-2006, 01:17 PM
Jerk it out and replace what breaks!

ChronicReign
02-02-2006, 01:35 PM
and replace what breaks!

Lol, ya that is what I was trying to avoid. I did finally get them out. I just yanked real hard. Luckily nothing cracked, but I have to get all new rivets because I punched the little inserts into the back of the cab :hammer:

L8 APEX
02-02-2006, 09:39 PM
Lol, ya that is what I was trying to avoid. I did finally get them out. I just yanked real hard. Luckily nothing cracked, but I have to get all new rivets because I punched the little inserts into the back of the cab :hammer:
Yeah they will rattle forever! You are just suppose to push them one click.

Mark #2
02-02-2006, 09:56 PM
Yeah they will rattle forever! You are just suppose to push them one click.

You can fish them out, I did, not easy, but you need to.

ChronicReign
02-03-2006, 07:27 AM
You can fish them out, I did, not easy, but you need to.

How did you go about doing this? They are behind the back wall. I figured they were back there for good.

Mark #2
02-03-2006, 09:12 AM
How did you go about doing this? They are behind the back wall. I figured they were back there for good.

IIRC; there are some holes in the back wall and they all fell down to the same level to a stamping area that ran across the back. Used a spring type dropped bolt grabber to get them.

BC Lightning
02-03-2006, 11:44 AM
used my air compressor and blew them out