PDA

View Full Version : Turned 30 this morning

L8 APEX
01-20-2006, 11:25 PM
Like the body the truck also costs more as it ages. I rolled over 30K on the way back from Scottsdale. 30K service covers transmision external element and fluid, oil and filter, fuel filters, lube and inspection. The external trans filter cartridge looks like a mini roll of toilet paper. There is a lot of ignorance when ordering it from a dealer or parts house. They assume the filter is in the pan like most trannies. I also had to buy a case of SP trans fluid which is a dealer only offering at this time. It smells funny and is very thin!

dboat
01-21-2006, 05:01 AM
Like the body the truck also costs more as it ages. I rolled over 30K on the way back from Scottsdale. 30K service covers transmision external element and fluid, oil and filter, fuel filters, lube and inspection. The external trans filter cartridge looks like a mini roll of toilet paper. There is a lot of ignorance when ordering it from a dealer or parts house. They assume the filter is in the pan like most trannies. I also had to buy a case of SP trans fluid which is a dealer only offering at this time. It smells funny and is very thin!

Terry,
you still pretty happy with it? it seems so.. plus you havent reported any major issues..
Dana

Nuhklz
01-21-2006, 07:33 AM
The rig looked good last Saturday morning :tu:

Sometimes we get better with age.

L8 APEX
01-21-2006, 09:48 AM
Yeah it has a small oil leak from a valve cover or such now but other than that it is 100%. I expected it to break by now but it hasn't. I only wish I had a crew cab and long wheelbase for towing and carrying passengers. I carried two customers to BJ this week and it was seriously cramped back there. I would also like a softer ride at times like a 5 link airbag rear suspension.

L8 APEX
01-22-2006, 02:06 AM
I pulled most of my 30K mile maint today. It was about $170 in parts and 4 hours labor to complete. Not too bad for a F250 diesel truck. The trans service was interesting as it was the first time I looked inside the new 5R110. It is fully electronic, no machanical VB or parts. The external filter cartridge is essentially a miniature roll of toilet paper. The Motorcraft SP fluid is some weird stuff and is dealer only now. You may want to stock a little in case you need it. The water seperator was clean and the filters were as normal no signs of blockage. I also greased the front u joints again and ran the 4wd a few miles in the rain to rotate these bearings. I will wash and rotate the tires later this week on the 7500 mile interval and check the brakes and suspension components. The tires are about 50% or more I would say, so no 20's yet;) .