PDA

View Full Version : Have to sell my L

BLACKSUNSHINE
01-13-2006, 12:10 PM
Ok guys this is a real sore subject with my right now, because I do not want to get rid of my truck..but looks like I have no option. My roomate is moving out with his girl in a couple of months, and I just dont make enough to rent and own my lightning. Alot of you know Im always broke and have been since I bought my L. I've enjoyed every second of it. :( But I want to buy a house and drive something paid off (5.0 fox body will give me a little speed)

But I need some advice, this is my problem. I owe 18K on it....yeah 18. Its an '01 with mods and 73K miles. My bumber has nicks all over it and fog lights are both cracked. The body looks like a black truck would look after 6 years of being on the road, not in a garage. Do I de-mod sell parts and sell the truck stock? Or sell w/ mods on ebay or something. The only thing worth some money on it mod wise is the C&L intake and dynatech long tubes and bassani exhaust. And should I get the bumper repainted and lights fixed?
Most likely I wont be able to get the 18 out of it, and im going to end up paying in the end.

This is a sad sad thing to have to do, but maybe one day I can get another one.

BC Lightning
01-13-2006, 01:15 PM
You never get out what you put into in, so I would say de mod it and get some cash in your pocket. Dealerships don't care what it has done to it, they only go by what the truck is worth. If your that straped for cash, then waiting on a private buyer maybe the best way to get the most money, but you never know how long it will take to find a buyer.

Sorry to hear your selling your L, but you have to do what you have to do, its not important enough to strap yourself now so you cant enjoy life later on, good luck :tu:

QDRHRSE
01-13-2006, 01:21 PM
Sounds like a tough sale. If you have all the stock stuff de-mod. That's a fair # of miles. I'm really sorry. I'm in the opposite situation. I have a kid coming and my wife is putting pressure on me to get rid of some of my toys. Looks like my 5.0 will be going on the auction block. There is good news though. You can build a totally streetable 5.0 that gets 20mpg that would easily go 12's on radials. Mine is pretty mild and cranks out 12.50's on regular tires shifting easy and it passes CA smog. That's at 3000 ft with 91 octane. I have a blower but I've seen guys do the same thing NA.

Honestly, I haven't put too many miles on my L yet so I don't know how fun it actually is. However, I have logged a few miles in my 5.0 and I'm literally losing sleep over the prospect of selling it and I haven't really driven it in 4 months. Although the prestige isn't there, Mustangs are really fun cars. Plus a monkey could fix one and parts are plentiful and cheap.

Tex Arcana
01-13-2006, 02:46 PM
Mike, looks like we need more info here, before you go jumping the gun like 00Bolt does every time his cars even so much as hiccup. ;)

First off, what do you make a month, what are you paying a month for rent and utilities, and don't you live with your parents?? At least, that's what I thought you did. :confused:

Don't go off half-cocked just yet, look at the situation and see what you can do to salvage it before you go and buy a BMW/Typhoon/etc that all are money pits to begin with. Yeah, the L is a bit of a pit, but with a light foot and mild mods, it'll be hella more reliable than the above list, despite the poor fuel milage.

Think it thru, first, before you jump off a cliff. :nono:

BLACKSUNSHINE
01-13-2006, 03:34 PM
Mike, looks like we need more info here, before you go jumping the gun like 00Bolt does every time his cars even so much as hiccup. ;)

First off, what do you make a month, what are you paying a month for rent and utilities, and don't you live with your parents?? At least, that's what I thought you did. :confused:

Don't go off half-cocked just yet, look at the situation and see what you can do to salvage it before you go and buy a BMW/Typhoon/etc that all are money pits to begin with. Yeah, the L is a bit of a pit, but with a light foot and mild mods, it'll be hella more reliable than the above list, despite the poor fuel milage.

Think it thru, first, before you jump off a cliff. :nono:

I'v thought this through for a long time, and now the situation is forcing me to do something about it quick.

Obviously a 5.0 is not as reliable as my L. But I can work on a 5.0 with ease. My lightning has taken ANYTHING I threw at it. I love it.

See, in 2 months I have to figure out where to live...and with my 3 cars (one being restored) I need a garage, and a backyard for my lab. SO I need a house.

Ok well...not to bring out my personal finances to everyone but what the hell..I make 40K (around 2k a month), When I bought my L I tacked on the remainder of my last F-150 4k or so, added gap, and extended warranty...Financed about 30K SOO....my payments are 525 p/month. I rent a house with a roomate 525 p month for my part. When he leaves if I stay I have to pay $1050 for rent plus $300 or so in utils a month. And with me being 25 miles from work and my lightning getting a nice 11/12 mpg insurance, etc..IM BROKE. If I bought a 5.0 out right so I can save some money I could afford a home. I need to get on track financially and my truck is draining me. I dont think im jumping the gun, I think I have no choice.

Silver_2000
01-13-2006, 03:49 PM
I'v thought this through for a long time, and now the situation is forcing me to do something about it quick.

Obviously a 5.0 is not as reliable as my L. But I can work on a 5.0 with ease. My lightning has taken ANYTHING I threw at it. I love it.

See, in 2 months I have to figure out where to live...and with my 3 cars (one being restored) I need a garage, and a backyard for my lab. SO I need a house.

Ok well...not to bring out my personal finances to everyone but what the hell..I make 40K (around 2k a month), When I bought my L I tacked on the remainder of my last F-150 4k or so, added gap, and extended warranty...Financed about 30K SOO....my payments are 525 p/month. I rent a house with a roomate 525 p month for my part. When he leaves if I stay I have to pay $1050 for rent plus $300 or so in utils a month. And with me being 25 miles from work and my lightning getting a nice 11/12 mpg insurance, etc..IM BROKE. If I bought a 5.0 out right so I can save some money I could afford a home. I need to get on track financially and my truck is draining me. I dont think im jumping the gun, I think I have no choice.

Find a cheaper place to live closer to your work .....
Sell one of the cars and use the $$ to get out from upside down on he truck and refininace at a better rate at the same time ...

BLACKSUNSHINE
01-13-2006, 03:54 PM
Find a cheaper place to live closer to your work .....
Sell one of the cars and use the $$ to get out from upside down on he truck and refininace at a better rate at the same time ...

True, simple solution. Problem is my other 2 cars are not on the road. One is a bronco II...I couldnt sell it for $1000. One is my '69 torino, we're in the middle of doing body work on it. If I refinance I would have to get my payments down to 300 or under. I dont see that happening. And I am looking at places to live in Ft. Worth.

WA 2 FST
01-13-2006, 03:57 PM
This may sound crazy, but what about refinancing the L? 18k @ 8% / 60 mo (yeah, I know... another 5 years, but I'll get to that in a minute) = $365/mo. No BS gap insurance, either.

Again, I know this may sound nuts, but selling it (and you'll be carrying over a note to the next car, too... you will not get $18k trade or private party sale on an '01 w/ 73k miles)... you have to take $$ out of your pocket to buy something else. It doesnt matter what it is. You have to come up with some $$ for a "new" purchase.

Now, if you have $6-7k saved up and you are going to buy a 5.0 Mustang with cash and have no payment... that's a good move ($4-5k for the car, and paying someone ~$2k to take your L).

But if your payment on whatever you drive is going to be $300+, then I'd refi the L. Chances are in a couple of years you'll be making more $$, which means you can pay down the L enough to be ahead on it, and sell it then. In the meantime, you still get to enjoy the truck. :)

Best to you.

EDIT: sorry, I was typing as you were replying to the other posts, which I didn't see before.

BLACKSUNSHINE
01-13-2006, 04:48 PM
This may sound crazy, but what about refinancing the L? 18k @ 8% / 60 mo (yeah, I know... another 5 years, but I'll get to that in a minute) = $365/mo. No BS gap insurance, either.

Again, I know this may sound nuts, but selling it (and you'll be carrying over a note to the next car, too... you will not get $18k trade or private party sale on an '01 w/ 73k miles)... you have to take $$ out of your pocket to buy something else. It doesnt matter what it is. You have to come up with some $$ for a "new" purchase.

Now, if you have $6-7k saved up and you are going to buy a 5.0 Mustang with cash and have no payment... that's a good move ($4-5k for the car, and paying someone ~$2k to take your L).

But if your payment on whatever you drive is going to be $300+, then I'd refi the L. Chances are in a couple of years you'll be making more $$, which means you can pay down the L enough to be ahead on it, and sell it then. In the meantime, you still get to enjoy the truck. :)

Best to you.

EDIT: sorry, I was typing as you were replying to the other posts, which I didn't see before.

Thanks,

I know in the end I will have to pay out of my pocket just to get rid of it...It sux and no you don't sound nuts I know how it all works. I may refinance give it a shot and if im still too strapped to live then think about selling it. See it will cost me 100.00 to fix the clutch on my ugly lil '87 bronco II, but it got good MGP and I would have no payments if I drove that for a while. I dunno, I've got some thinking and some figuring to do. Thanks all for your advice.

StormShadow
01-13-2006, 05:00 PM
Sorry to hear this bro

cough< http://www.talonclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10351 >cough

SILVER2000SVT
01-13-2006, 05:19 PM
I agree with Wes on this. You are going to be out close to the same amount of money per month whether you sell your lightning and get a cheaper car (which would end up requiring more maintenance). As he mentioned if you have $6-7 saved it may make sense to get out from that payment, but then again simply just saving that money if you had it and keeping your L would get you through those tight months.

The bad thing is that you would have trouble financing an 01 for more than 4 years, and the interest is a good bit higher on a vehicle older than 2-3 years.

I understand your reluctance to not get rid of your project cars because it gives you something to do and that you probably can't get any money out of them. I love my projects, but just think of how much money those things are going to take to work on as projects. Project cars add up to be a whole lot of money. Yes you can probably just let them sit and not spend any money on them until you get where you want to be financially, but they will continue to deteriorate, and until you get there they are just sitting doing nothing. I would say cut your losses on the projects, they may not be costing you money right now, but they will end up costing you a whole lot later. Find a cheaper hobby for the next couple of years. How about drinking? j/k
There always an opportunity for project cars in the future.

IMO the lightning is quite a practical vehicle. It's a truck and can haul stuff, for us speed freaks it has plenty of power to keep us happy, and it's fairly dependable if you don't heavily mod it.

good luck

L8 APEX
01-13-2006, 09:21 PM
You obviously can't make anything on the truck and don't have the time to try and sell it privately for 6 months. Another hot rod is not the way to get ahead. I would get another roomate #1. Make a deal with the devil #2 and dealer trade for a cheaper car and payment. #3 scab a cash or spare car from friends or family.

diablolightning
01-13-2006, 09:36 PM
why don't you try to find another room mate. fix the clutch on the bronco then daily the bronco. or get a grilfriend to move in with you so you can make her pay.<-thats what I do.

Tex Arcana
01-14-2006, 12:10 AM
Despite the new math (never knew that $2k/month X 12 months = $40k), I think you should listen to Wes and Jason on this one. And find some other roommates. As it stands now, if you try to sell it, you will take such a bath in the car it's not funny, and end up hurting for far longer than if you follow Wes' advice.

Silver_2000
01-14-2006, 12:42 AM
Despite the new math (never knew that $2k/month X 12 months = $40k),.

Think take home smart ass... Unless you get uncle sam to pay your rent for you

Tex Arcana
01-14-2006, 12:54 AM

Got brown lumps in your Cheerios tonite??:nono:

Most normal people quote their gross, or their net; but not both at the same time.

... smart ass...
Only you get to cuss around here?? :throw:

Silver_2000
01-14-2006, 12:59 AM
Only you get to cuss around here?? :throw:

You just did ...:rll:

BLACKSUNSHINE
01-14-2006, 02:17 AM

:d ...Thank u doug, yeah take home. Do I really have to explain...I have loans going straight out of paycheck, benifits, taxes, parking garage fees and 401k, yeah It sucks up alot from take home.

I think we're getting a little off topic here. Although you all have good points, what the topic originally was about was advice on HOW to sell it and get the most out of it as I can. I do wish I made more money or had a rich girl to mooch off of but like I said in the very first post, I want to buy a house. It's something I always wanted and I want to start taking steps in doing so. As far as finding another roomate...I've had those for the last 4 years and im just tired of dealing with the baggage roomates come with.

Im weighing all options. If I can find a place to live im happy with and keep the truck by lowing the payments and not be strapped day to day then :tu:
At this point in my life if I want a house, then I dont see how I could afford one with a 525 car payment... I can barely afford it now. And to me the only soultion is to eliminate the 525 truck payment...drive the bronce save for a house and a car I like...maybe even a gen 1. My projects are not pulling any funds at this time...just sitting and working on the body. If I knew my roomate was planning on moving out i wouldnt have bought that project car or any other ones.

I will loose my ass if I trade in the L. I have to sell privately to get payoff. I just need to know when and if I sell, do I de-mod and take the extra cash then sell as a "stocker" or sell it as a modded L. Anyone why buys it locally will be like me and start putting parts on it, take it to terry, and find out, its NEVER been stock, and have been raced. So im thinking slap it on ebay as is....

my2002lightning
01-14-2006, 02:51 AM
Mike,

What does your resume look like? What skills/attributes do you possess?

Good luck and hope you keep the L. It's good to see Andrew/microsuck's L still running strong.:)

PM me with your cell as I think I maybe able to assist.

Ronald

wesman
01-14-2006, 03:37 AM
You obviously can't make anything on the truck and don't have the time to try and sell it privately for 6 months. Another hot rod is not the way to get ahead. I would get another roomate #1. Make a deal with the devil #2 and dealer trade for a cheaper car and payment. #3 scab a cash or spare car from friends or family.

Get another roommate is the first thing that came to my mind :confused:

--wes

QDRHRSE
01-14-2006, 09:53 AM
Despite the new math (never knew that $2k/month X 12 months = $40k), I think you should listen to Wes and Jason on this one. And find some other roommates. As it stands now, if you try to sell it, you will take such a bath in the car it's not funny, and end up hurting for far longer than if you follow Wes' advice.

You guys still pay for benefits and taxes in Texas right?

QDRHRSE
01-14-2006, 09:56 AM
Forget about EGAY. You will loose your ass and then have to pay them for it.

BLACKSUNSHINE
01-14-2006, 12:05 PM
Mike,

What does your resume look like? What skills/attributes do you possess?

Good luck and hope you keep the L. It's good to see Andrew/microsuck's L still running strong.:)

PM me with your cell as I think I maybe able to assist.

Ronald

PM'd

BLACKSUNSHINE
01-14-2006, 12:11 PM
Get another roommate is the first thing that came to my mind :confused:

--wes

Thats defidently the most obvious solition. Even if im sick of dealing with trashy roomates maybe i can deal with it for a while just to keep the truck a little longer. Im just so tired of roomates, and tired of dealing with landlords, and basically throwing money away at rent.

wesman
01-14-2006, 12:18 PM
Thats defidently the most obvious solition. Even if im sick of dealing with trashy roomates maybe i can deal with it for a while just to keep the truck a little longer. Im just so tired of roomates, and tired of dealing with landlords, and basically throwing money away at rent.

Yeah, understandable. I've never had a roommate except for a couple years in the Army before I made Sergeant. It's fun in some respects and sucks in others. I hope it works out for you no matter what you end up doing. I'm not like most here with my truck. I love it, but it's still just an automobile and there are many other things in life that come first.

--wes

BLACKSUNSHINE
01-14-2006, 12:27 PM
Yeah, understandable. I've never had a roommate except for a couple years in the Army before I made Sergeant. It's fun in some respects and sucks in others. I hope it works out for you no matter what you end up doing. I'm not like most here with my truck. I love it, but it's still just an automobile and there are many other things in life that come first.

--wes

Thanks Wes...Yeah I have to admit I put my truck first in front of everything. I financed my life around my truck for the last 2 years, i would pay rent late if i had too to make a truck payment. Girls would break up with me because "i love my truck more than them and waste money on it instead of taking them out" :beer: Im just sick of being strapped to the point where I couldn't go out, but I could sit at home and stare at my lightning. Its my pride and joy but I need to get my finances straight and caught up. We'll see what happens.

WA 2 FST
01-14-2006, 02:38 PM
Thanks Wes...Yeah I have to admit I put my truck first in front of everything. I financed my life around my truck for the last 2 years, i would pay rent late if i had too to make a truck payment. Girls would break up with me because "i love my truck more than them and waste money on it instead of taking them out" :beer: Im just sick of being strapped to the point where I couldn't go out, but I could sit at home and stare at my lightning. Its my pride and joy but I need to get my finances straight and caught up. We'll see what happens.

Let me give you a thumbs up :tu: for having your head screwed on straight and being smart about what you're trying to accomplish.

Getting the finances in order, putting an appreciating investment (house) over a depreciating investment (vehicle), putting people (yourself included) over the vehicle is all good.

But let me encourage you in that you will someday find a lady who will accept your passion as an automobile enthusiast, even if she doesn't participate along with you. It would have to be a _very serious_ dating relationship before I'd accept a girl complaining about what I spent on her. Heck, she should care/love you b/c of who you are, not b/c of every last dime you spend on gifts and other crap. My wife is obviously a very understanding lady, but she also knows that she and the kiddos come first. I chuckled the other day when she abruptly said, "I figured by now you'd be looking for something to replace the Vette. It's been a few years since you bought a new toy." LOL. She knows me too well.

Knowing what you're trying to accomplish (and you should be able to get a nice house for $1000-1100/mo, which is what you're getting ready to be paying in rent now), I'd get rid of the vehicles and get a reliable commuter for 2-3 years and then see where you are.

Tex Arcana
01-14-2006, 02:59 PM
Let me give you a thumbs up :tu: for having your head screwed on straight and being smart about what you're trying to accomplish.

Getting the finances in order, putting an appreciating investment (house) over a depreciating investment (vehicle), putting people (yourself included) over the vehicle is all good.

But let me encourage you in that you will someday find a lady who will accept your passion as an automobile enthusiast, even if she doesn't participate along with you. It would have to be a _very serious_ dating relationship before I'd accept a girl complaining about what I spent on her. Heck, she should care/love you b/c of who you are, not b/c of every last dime you spend on gifts and other crap. My wife is obviously a very understanding lady, but she also knows that she and the kiddos come first. I chuckled the other day when she abruptly said, "I figured by now you'd be looking for something to replace the Vette. It's been a few years since you bought a new toy." LOL. She knows me too well.

Knowing what you're trying to accomplish (and you should be able to get a nice house for $1000-1100/mo, which is what you're getting ready to be paying in rent now), I'd get rid of the vehicles and get a reliable commuter for 2-3 years and then see where you are.

(bows)WE'RE NOT WORTHY!! WE'RE NOT WORTHY!!
You da man. :tu:

(Doug, we need this "bows" smiley in the list.. make it so. :tongue:)

WA 2 FST
01-14-2006, 03:06 PM
Thanks Tex.

The caveat here is that he can find a "reliable commuter vehicle" for less than $300+/mo. I still think refi on the L is a viable option b/c it would cost him _nothing_ right now. Personally, I do not think even a private party sale will net a payoff of $18k. But I hope I'm wrong.

But a $0 payment on a daily driver/commuter would be optimum. If the cash is there to put down on a vehicle like this, then purchasing a house and getting rid of roommates/landlords, etc will be much easier to do.

Best of luck, Blacksunshine.

Silver_2000
01-14-2006, 03:18 PM
(bows)WE'RE NOT WORTHY!! WE'RE NOT WORTHY!!
You da man. :tu:

(Doug, we need this "bows" smiley in the list.. make it so. :tongue:)

:bows has been available since the early days

BLACKSUNSHINE
01-14-2006, 07:34 PM
Thanks Tex.

The caveat here is that he can find a "reliable commuter vehicle" for less than $300+/mo. I still think refi on the L is a viable option b/c it would cost him _nothing_ right now. Personally, I do not think even a private party sale will net a payoff of $18k. But I hope I'm wrong.

But a $0 payment on a daily driver/commuter would be optimum. If the cash is there to put down on a vehicle like this, then purchasing a house and getting rid of roommates/landlords, etc will be much easier to do.

Best of luck, Blacksunshine.

thanks guys I appreciate it. I'll be back one day!! Couple years down the road i'll get one again. And yeah its might be next to impossible to sell it for 18K but I'll try. If I have a car payment it will be either 0 (bronco II...what a POS, but oh well) or very very little like 150...on a 4 or 5k fox body. I'll keep you all posted on what happens and say my goodbyes when its gone :( once i get myself my own place I'll have an easier time forgetting it, or regretting selling it.

mikelemoine
01-14-2006, 10:42 PM
Hi Mike, Just a few things I've exerienced that might help you decide what to do next. When I was single I had similar income/expenses, a pile of credit cards and money pits galore. Hopefully it will help:

1. You mention that if you traded the L you'd need a payment under $300 a month on the next car. That is only a $225 difference. Have you considered sacrificing other things to make up the diff? Find cheaper car insurance, cut back some cable channels, drop home phone svc and use cell (or vice versa), or more radical-eat samples at Sams for lunch, free happy hour buffet for dinner? knana You can do alot with Ramen you know!

2. I hear you on the roommate thing but they can be of great use. Your idea of buying a house is a good one and you should do it! I bought a small, crappy 3 bdrm house and rented a room to a workaholic who travelled a lot. I rarely saw him except to get my check! I fixed the place up and it doubled in value over 7 years with little investment. Also, unlike the apartment, you can have roommates and still have your own space, plus a garage/yard (note-2 full bathrooms min!). While the roomie(s) are paying your mortgage, you will gain equity and a big tax deduction (Take deduction on about $800 a month in interest for $100K house @ 28% tax+/-). That is almost your $225 a month mentioned above, with or without a roomie! Get one or two paying $300-$400 per month each and you are in pretty good shape.

3. I also have unloaded vehicles to "save money". Problem is, being a member of this site means you will likely keep blowing $100 here-$300 there to tweak up any car you end up with, plus extra repairs as needed if it's an older model. Sooner or later, you will want to buy another L or something newer and you will lose out on the money you spent on your "daily driver" (as others said, you don't get it back) plus you will start over just to get up to the mods you have on your L today! The big picture....Play your cards right with expenses, keep your L and suck it up with a carefully selected roomie (or two) will leave you better off with alot more in the bank later, maybe enough for that 2011 900HP hybrid L! Of course this is just my experience, I'm no expert and I've made plenty of mistakes along the way, but hopefully it will help you make the best decision for your situation.:twitch:

Tex Arcana
01-17-2006, 11:34 PM
:bows has been available since the early days
Well, sh!t.... I dind't see that little "More" at the bottom of the smilies list... here's where we need a "self-hammer" smiley... :hammer:

But I like this new one, that I don't think anyone knows about: :ron2: :rll:

microsuck
01-20-2006, 04:52 PM
Mike, sorry you are having the same thoughts i had about 2 years ago with the same truck. Well, here is my advice, since it used to be my truck. I will make a few points.

1. I wish I had never sold the truck. And I wasnt upside down in it either.
2. When I traded it in (Feb 2004) it had 35k on it and they only gave me $20,000. And that was with GOOD negotiating and it was also in better condition.
3. If you cant get another roommate. MOVE. Get a $400 a month apt and then buy some body armor off ebay for $120.
4. I PROMISE you that if you sell it, you will regret it. I did. I still think about it several times a week.

Here are the steps I would persue. In this order, and if it fails, try the next one.

1. Get a new room mate. Anyone that will pay.
2. Move to a crappy apt.
3. Refinance the truck.
4. Sell your projects for whatever you can get.
5. Start parking in very bad neighborhoods hoping it will get stolen.
6. Last resort, sell it and take a $6,000 loss.

BLACKSUNSHINE
01-20-2006, 05:24 PM
Mike, sorry you are having the same thoughts i had about 2 years ago with the same truck. Well, here is my advice, since it used to be my truck. I will make a few points.

1. I wish I had never sold the truck. And I wasnt upside down in it either.
2. When I traded it in (Feb 2004) it had 35k on it and they only gave me $20,000. And that was with GOOD negotiating and it was also in better condition.
3. If you cant get another roommate. MOVE. Get a $400 a month apt and then buy some body armor off ebay for $120.
4. I PROMISE you that if you sell it, you will regret it. I did. I still think about it several times a week.

Here are the steps I would persue. In this order, and if it fails, try the next one.

1. Get a new room mate. Anyone that will pay.
2. Move to a crappy apt.
3. Refinance the truck.
4. Sell your projects for whatever you can get.
5. Start parking in very bad neighborhoods hoping it will get stolen.
6. Last resort, sell it and take a $6,000 loss.

Ok. So I went outside to put a for sale on it. I couldn't do it. No way. I've bonded to it the last week or so thinking about selling it. SOOO...Im taking the advice, move somewhere cheap, lookin for a roomie, and saving the cash...Also, I may be taking a side contracting IT job just to put on the L and refinance it. Not sure how i'll make it, but I will.

I hope this post wasn't too misleading...I was ready to get rid of it, untill so many people have encouraged me too keep it and why. I just love the truck way too much. I went to a gas station last night and some kid went ape sh!t over my truck, dings and all. He was like "OMG, I've wanted one since 95, just start it up for me!, can I sit in it" I even told him I was thinking of selling it...and he was like "DONT DO IT MAN, you'll regret it"

So, i'll sell the bronco, I'll sell the torino, when its done....I know I have to finish it, otherwise I'll loose $ big time, it only lacks paint and seat covers.

Thanks guys.

microsuck
01-20-2006, 05:30 PM
Smart move. *claps*.

Shiner1
01-20-2006, 05:35 PM
Well, sh!t.... I dind't see that little "More" at the bottom of the smilies list... here's where we need a "self-hammer" smiley... :hammer:

But I like this new one, that I don't think anyone knows about: :ron2: :rll:

Another $1.00 made due to copy right fees.

99WhiteBeast
01-20-2006, 05:43 PM
What year model Bronco do you have? Any pics?

PoorSvtman
01-20-2006, 06:01 PM
im glad your keeping it.. I would hate to have another demodding party with that truck

99WhiteBeast
01-20-2006, 07:31 PM
im glad your keeping it.. I would hate to have another demodding party with that truck

:rll: :hammer: :eek2:

PoorSvtman
01-20-2006, 08:50 PM
:rll: :hammer: :eek2:

i was just looking at those pictures.. it was jan 1 05 i believe started the morning driving from carrolton to your house to get the 2lber put on then everyone came to my house and got stuff of that truck lol...

BLACKSUNSHINE
01-21-2006, 04:31 PM

Its an 87" Bronco II 2wd 2.9L v6.. I have pics on my website, i converted it to a manual. www.houseofdula.com

BLACKSUNSHINE
01-21-2006, 04:38 PM
i was just looking at those pictures.. it was jan 1 05 i believe started the morning driving from carrolton to your house to get the 2lber put on then everyone came to my house and got stuff of that truck lol...

:rll: Has quite a history dosn't it! Its "been around" My trucks a slut what can I say. Hopefully it will stick around a while. And you know if I de-modded it sold it, a month later or so it will be rolling into Terry's shop for the same mods put back on....And then that owner would get in debt (or jail...Andrew) and mike you'd have ANOTHER demod party!!

dboat
01-21-2006, 05:18 PM
:rll: Has quite a history dosn't it! Its "been around" My trucks a slut what can I say. Hopefully it will stick around a while. And you know if I de-modded it sold it, a month later or so it will be rolling into Terry's shop for the same mods put back on....And then that owner would get in debt (or jail...Andrew) and mike you'd have ANOTHER demod party!!
:rll: :rll:

but how true.. wonder how many L's have been modded, then de-modded, then sold and modded again?

Tex Arcana
01-22-2006, 06:19 PM
QFT

99WhiteBeast
01-25-2006, 01:35 PM
QFT

STFU

Tex Arcana
01-25-2006, 04:15 PM
STFU
UTSF (http://tinypic.com/view/?pic=mkfced) :tongue:

BLACKSUNSHINE
01-31-2006, 10:50 AM
WTF??? :confused: This thread should be dead by now..Doug can you kill it off?

microsuck
01-31-2006, 10:55 AM
STFU, n00b-sicle :tongue:

Tex Arcana
01-31-2006, 02:16 PM
WTF??? :confused: This thread should be dead by now..Doug can you kill it off?
UTSF (http://tinypic.com/view/?pic=mkfced) :tongue: