PDA

View Full Version : Shortage Of Lightnings?????

03'svtlight
12-20-2005, 03:55 PM
More than a year has passed sense I traded my Lightning and had I known I would be mostly out of town, I'd still have it. That being said I have traveled from as low as Miami,Fl., all the way up to Albany,Ny.(100 miles from Canada),and from what Ive seen either ALL of the L's are rarely driven or I'm just flat out missing them. I can count on one hand how many L's I've seen in the last 2 years. I think I'm having withdrawal symptoms. I wanna wish all Talon members (those I know and those I don't) a very merry christmas and a very prosperous 06'. Always put your best foot forward. Take Care.:beer:

01REDL1TNG
12-20-2005, 05:52 PM
There are so many L's around me in Rockwall, Texas that there is practically a lightning storm around my area. Come to texas to see one helluva lightning storm.

LivinEZ
12-20-2005, 06:34 PM
Always put your best foot forward. Take Care.:beer:

That would be the foot on the gas, right... :D knana Or in my case... the only one to put forward :d

wesman
12-20-2005, 07:06 PM
There are so many L's around me in Rockwall, Texas that there is practically a lightning storm around my area. Come to texas to see one helluva lightning storm.

Trai lives here, he took a trucking job and is fortunate enough to get quite a tour of the good ole US.

Good to hear from you Trai, you should stop by a meet sometime when you're in town.

Happy Holidays to you and yours.

--wes

BC Lightning
12-21-2005, 02:07 AM
More than a year has passed sense I traded my Lightning and had I known I would be mostly out of town, I'd still have it. That being said I have traveled from as low as Miami,Fl., all the way up to Albany,Ny.(100 miles from Canada),and from what Ive seen either ALL of the L's are rarely driven or I'm just flat out missing them. I can count on one hand how many L's I've seen in the last 2 years. I think I'm having withdrawal symptoms. I wanna wish all Talon members (those I know and those I don't) a very merry christmas and a very prosperous 06'. Always put your best foot forward. Take Care.:beer:

Trai, the fans are still runnin good on my truck :tu: . good to hear from ya and hopefully you can make a meet

my2002lightning
12-21-2005, 02:51 AM
Ice-Trai,

I've personally seen Gen. 2 Ls. on South Beach, Miami, SoMa San. Fran. and a True-Blue '02 in Champaign, IL. My brother's seen a black Gen. II tearing-up the Vegas-Strip. A Mystic '99/'00 L is running around OKC. too.

One of the most amazing L spottings IMO was a '03/'04 Sonic-Blue L in, of all places.... Madill/Oakland, OK.- just north of Lake Texoma:confused::cool: They pulled into a trailer-park as we (Elaine and I) were passing through on Hwy-70 to my parents.

The Hispanic kid/driver didn't even speak English and his passenger had to interpret his Spanish as we were chatting. They managed to convey that the L was "muy caliente" and that they were graduating HS soon. :rolleyes::cool:

WTH?!?

Ronald

03LightningRocks
12-21-2005, 03:33 AM
I don't really see alot of Lightnings running around either. Maybe I just drive to intense to notice them.

This probably means you should buy another Lightning.

You have a Merry Christmas Trai...:beer: .

Rocksknana

dboat
12-21-2005, 04:42 AM
Including mine, there are about 5 in Erie.. I thought I would have sole exclusivity up here... :rolleyes:

CJLightning04
12-21-2005, 02:38 PM
Man if you want to see some lightings, start in Shreveport on a sunny day and drive to the other side of Dallas. I know you will see at least 10. I have counted 6 in Bossier,LA.

00Bolt
12-21-2005, 03:58 PM
i see at least 1 a day on a regular basis in Mansfield / South Arlington area....

QDRHRSE
12-21-2005, 06:33 PM
I hardly ever see them here in southern CA. The pictures you guys post are unreal to me. I've never actually seen more than 2 or 3 in one place at one time. I probably see 1 or 2 a week. I saw 2 in one day once. That's the record.

02BOLT
12-21-2005, 07:31 PM
Merry Christmas and a blessed New Year to you and yours Trai. Glad to see you're still kickin' it out there. Take Care.

Rob

03'svtlight
12-27-2005, 01:38 PM
Trai lives here, he took a trucking job and is fortunate enough to get quite a tour of the good ole US.

Good to hear from you Trai, you should stop by a meet sometime when you're in town.

Happy Holidays to you and yours.

--wes
Hey bro, what's shakin'?? Long time no here from. Tires still ok?? I think I still got the hook-up on'em if needed. Speakin' of the "tour", this past sat., I counted over 10 alligators where I picked up my load in Lake Placcid,Fl. As I got out of my truck, the dock guy yelled "watch out for that gator!" :confused: I thought he was b/s'ing me. Sure enough there were two not ten feet from me. The guy says they put live fish eggs in the pond yearly.The biggest he's seen is about 10-12 feet long.

03'svtlight
12-27-2005, 01:39 PM
Trai, the fans are still runnin good on my truck :tu: . good to hear from ya and hopefully you can make a meet
Thats good to hear bro. I'll try sometime soon.

03'svtlight
12-27-2005, 01:43 PM
I don't really see alot of Lightnings running around either. Maybe I just drive to intense to notice them.

This probably means you should buy another Lightning.

You have a Merry Christmas Trai...:beer: .

Rocksknana
I'm actually looking for a "motorless" 02'-03'. Maybe thats an impossible find but we'll see. Talk soon:beer:

03'svtlight
12-27-2005, 01:46 PM
Merry Christmas and a blessed New Year to you and yours Trai. Glad to see you're still kickin' it out there. Take Care.

Rob
Hey Big Bad Rob, wassup??? Everything is cool. I'll try to get with you guys soon. At some point I won't have to drive so I'll have all day to b/s.:beer:

03'svtlight
12-27-2005, 01:50 PM
Including mine, there are about 5 in Erie.. I thought I would have sole exclusivity up here... :rolleyes:
I was in Erie,Pa. in Nov. and I have to say that has to be the coldest place in the US. I got iced-in for a day and it got down to -5 degrees (wind chill -20) that night. There where ALOT of trucks that woudnt start do to fuel gelling. I'll go back IF the money is right but I'm trying not to.:cool:

skalywags
12-27-2005, 02:13 PM
Hey Trai, it's good to here thigs are going good. I had tried to PM you a little while back, but your PM box was full. We sure miss you working at NTB! thanks for the help when you did, and after you left that place, I realized how much you did help!

dboat
12-27-2005, 02:21 PM
I was in Erie,Pa. in Nov. and I have to say that has to be the coldest place in the US. I got iced-in for a day and it got down to -5 degrees (wind chill -20) that night. There where ALOT of trucks that woudnt start do to fuel gelling. I'll go back IF the money is right but I'm trying not to.:cool:

True, but the springs, summers and falls are great!!

my2002lightning
01-02-2006, 03:06 AM
Trai,

Have you traveled the Cleveland/Toledo/Lansing route in winter? That place is like a meat-locker! :cool: We did visit Milan Speedway, though.knana

I agree, the money will have to be right to get me to go back in there for my line-of-work.

Good luck and drive safely.:tu:

Ronald

gagspa
01-02-2006, 11:19 AM
I see Lightnings all the time in the Arlington/Mansfield area. Black, red, silver, white, everything but the blues.

gbgary
01-02-2006, 12:49 PM
I'm actually looking for a "motorless" 02'-03'.

not sure what year it is but here's one (not local though)...http://www.f150online.com/forums/showthread.php?t=223259