PDA

View Full Version : Turned 25 tonight

L8 APEX
12-19-2005, 10:02 PM
Twenty five thousand miles that is. They depreicate fast don't they. It has been a hell of a year with all the work, death and theft going on. It has been nice not having to worry about a vehicle. I am glas I bought the 46 gallon fuel tank from the get go because filling up too frequently sucks. I would have to say Ford built a pretty decent work truck. It will be out of warranty before I know it:eek:
In the last nine months I have burned an approximate 1850 gallons of fuel. At the average fill up of 40 gallons is over 46 fill ups. With the stock tank it would have been about 74 fills. I spend about 15 minutes each time I fuel up (more if you consider the drive to a truck stop location). So that is a minimum of 7 hours I saved not having to stop and get fuel more often. Wow, I need an Excel sheet for this!
http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/medium/CIMG5098.JPG

Lyfisin
12-19-2005, 10:18 PM
And here I was thinking I missed your birthday.

Grats on the 25k, but more importantly getting 7 hours of your life back. Maybe if you drive enough, you can turn back time!

03LightningRocks
12-19-2005, 11:12 PM
I was thinking like Brook. I thought we had screwed up...

Congrats on the milage...I think. You have almost caught up to my milage. Now please tell me that diesels don't depreciate from milage as fast as gas vehicles. I was expecting to get at least 200K out of mine.

Rocks:beer:

L8 APEX
12-19-2005, 11:51 PM
See if you havd that TFI fuel tank you could have saved 10-12 hours of fueling time yourself;) . Diesels are the only trucks that hold value. We have one in the shop from 96 with 260K miles. The truck is still going strong. They are the only vehicles with considerable value over 100K. Our concrete contractor bought a 2003 V10 F250 xcab for his guys to drive for only $4500 bucks:eek: . He just paid $42K for his own new Cummins dually though. That is partly why I bought new I couldn't find a used diesel cheap enough to justify it. They were all over 100K and within 10K of new it was just crazy:rolleyes: .

03LightningRocks
12-20-2005, 12:05 AM
I have to stop and drain the lizard on trips and I have already gotten pulled over twice for flopping it out the window while going down the highway. There is not much use for me to be able to drive 700 miles between stops. I can go at least 350-400 miles with the tank I have now.
That is like 4 hours of driving for me....;) .

I agree with your reasons for buying new but would add another benefit. I was able to get a better interest rate on new than used..this made the payment about the same as used.

Rocks

Moonshine
12-20-2005, 08:18 PM
Cool deal on the 25K. :tu: Not sure if i'm catching you or not. I'll turn 15K later this week.

+1 on the TFI tank. :banana: That's probably the best mod I did. It's nice not having to fill up every 3rd day.

L8 APEX
12-20-2005, 11:19 PM
I'd rather stop to pee than hunt down diesel every three days or three hours when towing. I made my decidsion for a larger tank when I hauled a cusotmers truck to Borger, TX. It is in the middle of nowhere and I ran on fumes into a station on pure wish power. I filled up a total of 4 times in less than 24 hours. That was a real PITA, of course your long bed has more tank than my stock shortbed. Then when I left work one day after work and headed to Kansas for a funeral it was nice to make it without stopping for fuel. Then there was Katrina and Rita that shot fuel prices near $4gal and was in short supplies. I felt a lot better having 750 miles of fuel on board than 450 like stock.
I have been eyeing this 50 gal cell that clears bed covers. If anyone doesn't know what to buy me for Christmas;) .
http://www.transferflow.com/assets/images/ctbas.jpeg (http://www.transferflow.com/html/in-bed_tank_dimensions.html)