PDA

View Full Version : pretty slick out there

tiffo60
12-07-2005, 09:56 AM
I dont know about everyone else, but the roads are already icing up here in fort worth

Wht95Lightning
12-07-2005, 10:19 AM
I took the trash out at 6am and it was dry as a bone. I opened the door again at 7:30 and there's .25" of ice on everything. :eek:

tiffo60
12-07-2005, 10:50 AM
just think of what it will be like when we wake up tommorow, all this sits and freezes over night

Wht95Lightning
12-07-2005, 10:57 AM
I'm going to venture out to the grocery and stock up on basic items today just in case it gets bad. I remember last year we were stuck at home for 2 days when this happened. We couldn't even drive down the street as it was like a skating rink.

The wife wants lots of snow instead. :rolleyes:

tiffo60
12-07-2005, 11:02 AM
tonight it will be cold enough for snow but majority will probally be ice

wesman
12-07-2005, 12:08 PM
It's supposed to change to snow after 5-6pm. They're predicting 1-2" of snow by morning, and since the high is a whopping 32 tomorrow it will likely hang around for a day or so.

It's getting slick here in Arlington as well and I have a meeting at 1130....and the wife has the SUV...so it's the L or the Viper :eek:

--wes

tiffo60
12-07-2005, 12:09 PM
It's supposed to change to snow after 5-6pm. They're predicting 1-2" of snow by morning, and since the high is a whopping 32 tomorrow it will likely hang around for a day or so.

It's getting slick here in Arlington as well and I have a meeting at 1130....and the wife has the SUV...so it's the L or the Viper :eek:

--wes

i have a dodge i drive around in this and it does ok, i drove the L last year and it sucked in the ice, way too much torque

wesman
12-07-2005, 12:13 PM
i have a dodge i drive around in this and it does ok, i drove the L last year and it sucked in the ice, way too much torque

I count on the wifes Infiniti for the beater work....since she's at work my choices are 600+ rwtq or 450+ rwtq :hammer:

tiffo60
12-07-2005, 12:15 PM
you pretty much sound scwerd either way so have fun, even though i wish i had that problem

Wht95Lightning
12-07-2005, 12:23 PM
Hey what about tonights get together? :crying:

Nuhklz
12-07-2005, 12:40 PM
We're shutting down work today at 2 and not opening until tomorrow at 9. I think tonight will be a bottle or two or three of wine and the fireplace.

99WhiteBeast
12-07-2005, 12:59 PM
We're shutting down work today at 2 and not opening until tomorrow at 9. I think tonight will be a bottle or two or three of wine and the fireplace.

Good Choice- I just got back from Applejack's stocking up some nice imports:
Samuel Smith's -Winter Welcome
Young's-Double Chocolate Stout
Young's-Oatmeal Stout
Bellhaven-WeeHeavy

jcblack
12-07-2005, 02:09 PM
I just left work at 12. They said to come back tomorrow at 10.

Lyfisin
12-07-2005, 02:12 PM
I'm gonna go to the store late and get stuff to make chili. It's a chili kinda day.

StormShadow
12-07-2005, 03:46 PM
Good ole' SBC we get to work outside in it. I got a page yesterday that said to come in no matter what the weather is. Lucky I'm off today.

WA 2 FST
12-07-2005, 03:58 PM
I count on the wifes Infiniti for the beater work....since she's at work my choices are 600+ rwtq or 450+ rwtq :hammer:

Same dilemna here. ;) Actually up here in Allen, its wet and sleeting, but its not that slick yet. The L on drag radials did just fine, but I'm out of it for the rest of the afternoon/evening.

BTW Ronald, I saw you at a stoplight in Allen, tried to get your attention, but you didn't see me.

03LightningRocks
12-07-2005, 04:08 PM
Good ole' SBC we get to work outside in it. I got a page yesterday that said to come in no matter what the weather is. Lucky I'm off today.

You want to take a guess at what we are doing today???:eek:

tliss
12-07-2005, 04:20 PM
You want to take a guess at what we are doing today???:eek:

People whose heaters are not working by now don't deserve to have heat for the winter :D ...

The mix is coming out of the sky up in McK now, but there is very little buildup at this time. I figure it's going to start getting nasty pretty soon up here. I've all ready got a stock of beer and hard liquor, so I can get sloshed after my class tonight without having to leave the house :tu:

Tom

FRDRCING
12-07-2005, 04:30 PM
Talked to pops this morning after his trip to Quiktrip for coffee. He said it's pretty damn slick out there. I said F this and Called out for the day. Don't wanna chance getting hit by some other dumbass out there with or with out insurance of any kind.

wesman
12-07-2005, 04:36 PM
Good Choice- I just got back from Applejack's stocking up some nice imports:
Samuel Smith's -Winter Welcome
Young's-Double Chocolate Stout
Young's-Oatmeal Stout
Bellhaven-WeeHeavy
I got that taken care of on my last two trips to Brownsville/Mexico :beer:

http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/medium/SANY0026.JPG
http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/medium/SANY0045.JPG

--wes

Mika
12-07-2005, 05:51 PM
Guys, if you gotta go home still, be safe. It's bad out there. Took me an hour and a half to go from Dallas to Bedford. And the more west I went it got worse(sleet in Dallas, snow/sleet in Bedford). Be careful:).

Mika

gagspa
12-07-2005, 05:59 PM
Guys, if you gotta go home still, be safe. It's bad out there. Took me an hour and a half to go from Dallas to Bedford. And the more west I went it got worse(sleet in Dallas, snow/sleet in Bedford). Be careful:).

Mika
Yep, it took Stacy almost 2 hours to get from Euless to Arlington.

QDRHRSE
12-07-2005, 06:14 PM
Sucks to be in Texas! It's 60 out here. The last couple of nights its been in the high 20's but its dry as a bone out here.

bluesvt
12-07-2005, 06:20 PM
Drove from Division where I work to Hurst and took a little over an hour. Our street infront of the house is white now. So ya driving right now suck makes me wish I had not sold my Banshee. :vomit:

StormShadow
12-07-2005, 06:24 PM
I took Kim to work today and saw 5 accidents on 287. I have to go pick her up about 10 tonight. I'm sure that will be fun.

Wht95Lightning
12-07-2005, 06:29 PM
I had to go to the bank this afternoon and it took me over an hour to make a 5 mile round trip. It felt like I was driving a Zamboni. :d

I used my old Ram work truck and prayed somebody would crash into me but it didn't happen. Oh well, maybe I'll go to Block Buster later when it's dark. Might have better luck then. :evil

my2002lightning
12-07-2005, 07:33 PM
Wes,

I didn't see you or else I would've greeted you back! :tu:

QDRHRSE,

That is one of the ONLY upsides to living in SoCal., but we don't have earthquakes, rampant brushfires, sky-high cost-of-living and taxes, and liberal, gun-grabbing bone-heads around every corner.:hammer::rolleyes: Other than that Cali. is a kick-#ss place to live, IMO.

Got a stash of brew and left-over Skyy, Malibu and Cruzan Rum my cousin brought from the Caribbean somewhere. :beer:
I worked from home today via Cable/VPN - probably tomorrow, too.knana

Ronald

WA 2 FST
12-07-2005, 07:40 PM
Wes,

I didn't see you or else I would've greeted you back! :tu:

No big deal. It was just after 1:00pm. You were stopped at the light in the left turn lane on Hwy 5, getting ready to turn onto Main St. I was in the right lane, going to make a right turn onto Main. I slowed down and tried to get your attention, but you were being a good boy and paying attention to the light. :)

Plus, I think DSG is invisible sometimes. ;)

Stay warm and dry!

my2002lightning
12-07-2005, 07:56 PM
You too, Wes! Not everyone is fortunate enough to drive a RED 2002 L. :D

Going "covert" with a DSG L. can be a good thing.:tu:

I'm retiring the L. and driving the T-Bird, for now.:cool:

Too many idiot-drivers out there...:rolleyes:

Ronald

No big deal. It was just after 1:00pm. You were stopped at the light in the left turn lane on Hwy 5, getting ready to turn onto Main St. I was in the right lane, going to make a right turn onto Main. I slowed down and tried to get your attention, but you were being a good boy and paying attention to the light. :)

Plus, I think DSG is invisible sometimes. ;)

Stay warm and dry!